As EKAW 2016 @Bologna is approaching, we start the process for the organisation of the next edition.
We would kindly ask you to consider submitting a proposal to host and organize the 21st EKAW Conference in 2018.
First held in 1987 and currently in its 20th edition, EKAW represents the main European forum for presenting the latest research in knowledge management and knowledge engineering.
The conference is held every two years and it is closely linked to the parallel series of K-Cap conferences in North America.
Typically, EKAW has traditionally featured a main conference single track as well as poster and demonstration tracks in addition to a Doctoral Consortium and a workshop and tutorial program.
The duties of the General Chair(s) will be to oversee the organisation of the whole conference including financial administration, registration, local organisation, program, publication of proceedings etc.
There is no budget available for organising an EKAW conference, so that each edition has to self-finance itself through registration fees and sponsoring.
The EKAW steering committee welcomes proposals until the 4th of November 2016, to be sent to the current conference chair:
Paolo Ciancarini (paolo.ciancarini [AT] unibo.it). Please use "Bid for EKAW 2018" as subject of your email.
The proposal should include:
- Name, affiliation and short CV of General Chair(s)
- Specification of the complete team that will run the conference and envisioned distribution of roles (PC Chair(s), Workshop Chair(s), Tutorial Chair(s), etc.)
- Indication of a place and venue for the conference
- Possible dates for the conference (October / November 2018)
- Indication of experience of the organizers in running scientific events
- Description of local support, infrastructure and other resources in the institution of the organizers that will contribute to the organization of the conference
- Information about traveling to the venue, accommodation, etc.
- Preliminary budget
At least one proponent of the bid should come to EKAW 2016 to discuss the proposal with the steering committee.